Can Filing for Divorce be This Easy? Yes!!!
This is a proto-type workshop to help couples resolve their disputes over children, support, property, etc. and then help them prepare their divorce or separation agreements, and actually help them file for divorce.
Our divorce workshops provide you with all the tools to complete your own agreement and divorce filing. Or, if you choose, we can write your agreements for you and/or file your divorce for a minimal fee, available only to participants in this workshop.
A Team of Experts at Your Disposal
You will have an entire weekend with access to divorce lawyers and mediators who can answer all your questions, explain your options and help you move forward with dignity and without fear. Nothing like this has ever been offered. A number of conscientious and independent lawyers and mediators got together to create a process where couples can get divorced for 1/10th the cost and in 1/10th the time of going to court. One intense but satisfying weekend...as opposed to months or years of stress, fear, uncertainty, continuing hostilities and never-ending legal bills. All the hard issues are dealt with and all the correct procedures are followed.
A Neutral Third-Party
Our lawyers and mediators are absolutely neutral and will give you the straight facts. You will learn what the laws state, what happened in cases similar to yours, and about numerous possible options to resolve any issues where you are deadlocked. Furthermore, the Workshop will take the myth and mystery out of filing for divorce. Everything will be explained to you in detail. Now is not the time you should be broken by exorbitant legal bills when you are already going through one of the most difficult, emotional and financially stressful times of your life. There is another way!
These Workshops Really Work!! Grateful clients have been delighted with the results. To participate in the weekend divorce workshops, both parties must attend. And yes, it can all be done in a weekend. The process developed by this group of independent lawyers and mediators can have you ready to jointly file your divorce papers, regardless if you are separated, just commencing your divorce or have been locked in legal battles forever.
- The process leaves out absolutely nothing
- You will be ready to file your divorce after just one weekend
- You will have several lawyers and mediators at your disposal
- All lawyers and mediators are neutral. So they will tell it to you “like it is”
- All lawyers and mediators are from different firms, but work together extremely well.
- All professionals have total trust and confidence in each other’s integrity and professionalism.
- You will be working with among the most senior and/or respected lawyers and mediators in Alberta.
- We make it as light, amiable and as ’fun’ as possible, given the circumstances
- You can work in groups, or enjoy the privacy of “breakout rooms” when needed.
- If there are children, we will always put them first (just as the courts will).
- The Weekend Workshop Team has very close ties to the very best psychologists, real-estate lawyers, business planners, accountants, mortgage brokers, tax experts, investigators, grief recovery specialists, wills & estate specialists, and social workers. You now have an incredible infrastructure at your disposal – just like that.
Maximum of 10 couples. (If more couples wish to register, other workshops may be arranged.)
For more information on divorce workshops, our other Alternative Dispute Resolution services, or to contact us, please see the links below: